View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 27, 2006, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
The more you listen to some people, the more you will find that whatever sanctioning body under which a team played the previous week is always better then of the org. this week.
I noted the problem was bigger than ASA. ASA 18 Gold, U-trip 18 Majors, and Fla high school are all 43'. ASA 18A and B, and U-trip 18U, AFA, NSA and non-Fla NFHS are all 40', but word is NSA has moved to 43' in 2007 and AFA will be offering selective 43' nationals.

ASA and NFHS are pretty much the only organizations with enough clout to end this. They've both chosen to do nothing. While deciding to do nothing is a decision, it is still doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
there will definately be no mass exodus from ASA
The snowball is gathering size and speed here, but that has to do mostly with local issues. And, as I said to Mike, it is not an ASA-only issue, but ASA is one of 2 organizations with the clout to lead on the issue.

I don't intend to keep beating this horse. After all, I'm an umpire, not an 18U coach. Hopefully, ASA has the wisdom to form a working group to develop consensus on this issue before next fall. It would be even better if that working group included representatives from the NFHS.

Last edited by Dakota; Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 04:42pm.