View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 27, 2006, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj
I saw bits and pieces of the game as we were preparing for our Thanksgiving Dinner. I made two observations...there seemed to be no effort to keep the coaches off the field. I saw several camera shots of the sidelines right before the snap and coaches were clearly standing 2-3 yards on the field. I also noticed the wing officials were starting 3-5 yards on the field rather than on the sideline like we are taught. Is this normal in your area? Sideline management continues to be an issue here as well.

The other observation was minor...I noticed the umpire tucked his shirt into his pants but not any compressions shorts underneath. You could see his stripes through the pants. If someone on our crew does that we like to raz them all night.
REPLY: I didn't see the game, so I don't know who worked the game. I know that they usually alternate which association's officials work it. One year it will be NJ's Central chapter, the next it will be Easton, Pennsylvania's guys. So I can't speak for the mechanics since I'm not in either of the chapters that usually work this game.