View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

Question Free Throw Situation

I haven't posted in a while but as always, I've been checking the sight for some guidance and insight. Had this situation the other night. I'm the lead in a three person crew. A1 is fouled on a try and the try is successful. I report the foul, count the goal, inform the table "one shot", etc. I turn from the table and take my position as the new trail. Found out later, my partner administering the free throw tells the players two shots (loud gym I didn't hear him and neither did the C). He did not visually signal how many shots. A1 shoots and misses the free throw and no one along the lane moves. The ball bounces in the lane and back to the shooter. The shooter begins to drive the lane when my partner (Lead) blows his whistle steps into the lane and asks for the ball from the shooter saying "two shots, two shots." To which A1 relies, "I made the shot." My partner then looks to me and asks "did she make the shot?" To which I told him yes. After a conference, we decide to give the ball to team A for a throw in since the shooter had gained control of the ball after the missed free throw at the point of interruption. Obviously, Coach of team B goes nuts saying "he said two shots! We would have had the rebound! " After explaining to him the situation, he accepted the ruling but wasn't happy. Did we handle this right? If not, what should we have done?