View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

I will say I went with my eye's open, if you haven't been you do not understand. The crew chief bit is neither here nor there.

I went because this year I could. My wife could not take a vacation, I needed one badly and the cost for me was perfect. I would tell you now I would go back in a heartbeat. It was a Blast. The tournament and the location is Spectacular, being "with the guys" was a complete blast. The baseball was OK. The fans and the players and coaches were great. The Hall is always fun to visit. This is an EXPERIENCE, not an umpiring experience, a LIFE EXPERIENCE. I feel I'm safe to say it is the most beautiful place to play baseball. It is well worth the time. I still find that getting room and board is a long way from volunteering for free. But that is a debate for those who feel they always must be paid.

"It isn't enough for an umpire merely to know what he's doing. He has to look as though he know what he's doing too." - National League Umpire Larry Goetz

"Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it."