View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

I've seen it, twice, by the same offiical in rec league games.

Men's Open league - guy swallows his whistle while B tries to foul and stop the clock. He continues to ignore the foul. Then, during the end of the game and after it, B1 eats his *** up. He does nothing. Neither did I. If he's going to offiicate like that, then I'm not bailing him out.

Next week, we have the same Team B again. B1 comes into the game late, as he arrived late. I'm C, Homer is T tableside. I have B1 down in the baseline corner defending. Homer calls a foul from T. WTF? He reports, we inbound the ball. He does it again. This time, I walk across the floor and tell him if he's going call that ****, he can go over there and inbound it his damnself. At half time, I eat his butt up, telling him he'd never ever pull a stunt like that again. He says, "I'm gonna get him back for the other night."

A year later, Church League Championship game - I saw him intentionally make phantom calls against a team that allowed the opponent to come back from 10 down with less than a minute remaining and win the game.

So I guess he's in that .1%. But don't say it doesn't happen because it does.

If he ever attempts to join our HS association, I'll blackball him in a New York minute.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith