View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 22, 2006, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

This was my third year here in a row. I was selected as a crew chief during week 5 last year and I was also selected to work the championship. This year, however, I didn't get selected as crew chief.

There are also two others guys in my bunkhouse that have been multiple years and not been selected crew chief ever.

When the crew chiefs were announced on Saturday, there was on first year female selected, one cripled umpire (can't bend right leg), and other first year guys. A guy that worked the LLWS is a crew chief.

I liked my crew chief and the guys on our crew. We were a strong crew and had only 4 games per day on our field, with the exception of Wednesday.

I just can't seem to break the code as to the selection process that they use. There is one other female umpire here this week. The one that is crew works in spandex material greys. It is also amazing at the various shades of grey pants that some guys where. One guy has a pair of Dickies work pants that he wears. The have the Dickie logo on them in like three places. One guys are closer to black than grey.

If you plan on going, go with an open mind and you'll enjoy your time. If you plan on going over and over, there is no respect or gratitude show to guys that come year after year.