View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 19, 2006, 12:28pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogrunnin
Now, if I am correct, according to NFHS rules, we should have assessed a Technical Foul because the ball is considered LIVE when at the disposal of the thrower, and having a 6th player on the floor during a live ball is illegal). We should have cleared the lane and had the shooter retake her the 2nd of two free throws because of the violation, then shot the two Technical Foul shots, and then inbounded the ball to Team A at the Division Line. Is this correct?
Sounds correct to me. 10-1-6: A team shall not have more than five team members participating simultaneously. Live ball is not specifically mentioned in the rule, but being on the court while a free throw is shot would be considered to be "participating" in my book.

Quote:
My partner gets into an argument where the coach from Team B tells my partner it was his fault because he had poor game management (thank goodness he didn't give him a "T").
I have a little problem with this part, depending on what you mean by argument. Coach B is the one who just made a rather large screw up by not making sure two come out when two went in. If he tried to in any way turn this around and blame it on you guys, he could have easily picked up a second T of his own.

Lonesome Dove