View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 15, 2006, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

nv - glad you finally picked up on it. yes, I took a detour off the high road, as a demonstration this time of what I see your approach leading to. I have seen it come so poorly for officials who choose the path you suggest. i probably went too far in this one, but was trying to hammer home a point.

you are correct, I do not know the relationship you have with that coach - don't you think that is a pertinent bit of info when offering a suggestion like this one? No I cannot and do not assume anything about how you officiate, and truth be told, I have and do use similar methods in the right moment.

I suggest that in a JV game, with a coach that we do not know if david has a positive relationship with or even knows, but in an instance when the coach has already shown (and david let him by with this) his displeasure with his decision making, it may not be the right time for this type of response. It will likely be taken in a way that fans the flames rather than dousing the fire.

Much the way a new poster, who offers harsh criticism on a forum without having a relationship with current participants, would not make much immediate progress with his approach.