View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 13, 2006, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
If "everyone" used the exam as an open-book, get together and discuss learning experience (i.e., more of a study guide than a test), then there would be no problem is distributing the test and answers.

If "everyone" used the exam as a proctored test, then I think we'd all agree that it would be wrong to distribute the questions and answers in advance of the test.

The problem is that some states (or perhaps even areas within states) use it for the former purpose, and some use it for the latter purpose.
Plus, I don't think anyone has ever objected to any discussion of a single question (or 2-3 questions) with rule or case references. That makes it pretty clear that those participating in the discussion are likely doing it for the right reasons. Even if someone were using it to only get the answers, they'd have to dig through 30-40 threads to get them all and would have to at least scan the discussion to get to the correct answer...likely learning something along the way.

The primary issue is when an infrequent poster comes in and only wants the entire set of answers or test. The test is available from local and state associations well in time for the season.