View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 11, 2006, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Well my first comment is that any system that allows coaches to have input on officials is screwed up. Your story illustrates exactly why (possible retaliation for an official doing their job).

You'll probably get varying opinions, but I would have done exactly what your partner did. I would not have gone back to the table to have the scorekeeper add a meaningless T. I would have just sent a report to the appropriate person like he did. Accomplishes the same thing, gets it on the record.
Unfortunately the State didn't do anything about this, There no reprimand ever given. He won't know if the coach hurts him until the vote comes out.

It's definitely not the best system in the world. Your right this is what we have to put up with not to mention a coach can vote on you without you ever working one of their games.

Whats concerns me the most about this is the fact the coach thinks he can take a shot @ you without fearing the consequences.

Lets look @ it a little different. What if the coach had already gotten a "T" in the game. Then this happens as I described it. Could we legally give him a "T" even though the game has been decided. The "T" now would be his second and would keep him from coaching the next game.

I really don't know the answer and can't find anything on it. Not that this would ever happen, just curious to see if it would still fall in the realm of our jurisdiction.