View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 11, 2006, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

LarryS,
Let's be honest here. He didn't want your feedback, he wanted you to tell him that he did a great job and did better than your son so he could go home happy. A few of the things you mentioned are just lazy habits that drive me crazy, but in lower games you see it all of the time. Bouncing the ball across the lane is the biggest one. How hard is it to take a few steps and switch... but we've all worked with partners who are set up down court and don't want to switch sides or properly keep them boxed in. I'm not clear as to why anyone wouldn't do something as simple as the T on free throws. As for not giving a visible five or ten count, did he know what he was supposed to be doing and what was he doing instead? And walking.... unless you have a very slow girls game he's slowing things down and not getting to proper areas on time. You know what you have... either a lazy official who has gotten real complacent or an uninformed official who just doesn't know better... like guys who show up in Byron collar shirts and dont know the rules. Making calls is one thing. But bad mechanics are just bad mechanics and anyone who knows the game can see them.