View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 26, 2002, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I just took the NF test (Part I) online, and I see what all of you mean by trick/questionably worded questions. Looking over the answers, I see that I read way too far into some questions, and just skimmed the questions that were tricks. However, I still do have a few questions/comments about some of the answers.

(1) 74. A free throw by A1 is credited to A1 and Team A regardless in which basket the attempt is made.

I answered false. I realized that shooting at the wrong basket counted for your team, but took the correctable error provision of FT at wrong basket into account. Which applies here?

Mark, welocme to the world under Federation rule! When you take a Federation exam, You have to pay attention to the topic for the 4 questions. For question 73-76, the topic is scoring. Therefore, the question is asking about a situation where the officials allow a team to go in the wrong direction, no a correctable error sitaution.

The answer is true, based on 5-2-2 and 4-5-4.

Quote:
(2) 91. If A1's tap toward A's basket or A1's try is in flight when time expires in the second quarter, the quarter ends when the tap or try ends

I again answered false, thanks to whoever here pointed out that if A1 was fouled during the try/tap the period would not end until after the FT's . Once again, which takes precedent, the norm or the exception?

The other thing that you can't do is read anything into the question. The question doesn't say anything about a foul. It simply a true statement.

Quote:
(3) 98. The home team has the option of wearing either light or dark colored uniforms as long as the visiting team is notified.

I answered true, thinking this was only a recommendation (i.e., if both teams come out in black, home must change to a lighter jersey), not that home's jerseys needed to be light or else. Which is the ruling here??

False

3-4-6 Note
The home team should wear light-colored uniforms and the visiting team dark. The team that violates this policy should change. If there is doubt, the officials should request the home team to change; on a neutral floor the officials decide.

Live long and prosper!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith