View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 10, 2006, 10:13pm
We don't rent pigs

Originally Posted by just another ref
After the first free throw, B1 jumped up and secured the rebound. If play had been allowed to continue, we would have been looking at a correctable error situation, whether the official had given erroneous information or not. Therefore, as I see it, the bad information given by the ref is not even important. Play was not allowed to continue. B1 grabbed the rebound, and the play was immediately whistled dead. This happens all the time. Nobody was put at a disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
For exactly how long? Do you believe that there is some kind of timeframe here? Did you even bother to read the Case Book play that I just posted? What you are advocating is clearly contrary to that.

What do you call B1 rebounding the ball? Isn't that play?

Players jump up and rebound the ball after the first free throw all the time. You step in, blow the whistle, say "one more," and they all go "oh, my bad."
According to what you're saying, B1 should jump up and rebound that first missed free throw again next time, because then you'll give him the ball at the end no matter what happens next.

Lonesome Dove