Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 10, 2006, 10:20am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
That definitely explains the reason this conversation went the way it did - people not reading posts, understanding them, and replying in an intelligent manner. At no time have I ever advocated this. However, apparently that is what you think occasionally reaching out into areas the mechanics-gods have defined as off limits (or the basketball will explode, mass chaos everywhere, end-of-the-world stuff will happen) means - call everything everywhere.
David, it is not about people not reading your posts. They just do not agree with your point of view. I think people do have the right to disagree with you.

Quote:
I think I'm done with this thread.
That might be a good idea.

Quote:
The board in general is very useful for clearing things up. However, when people make decisions based simply on "that is the way we do things", I have a bit of a problem with that. I have with everything I have done, including several emergency service volunteer jobs I have been involved in for close to 20 years, teaching, and several other things. Just because it is the way it has always been done, doesn't make it right. Period. End of story. Thanks for the input.
The reality is you have not listened to anything others have said at all. I cannot speak for everyone, but I really do not care how long things have been done. All I know is the mechanics work. If you do not think they do, maybe this is the reason you are still working with the people you are. I do not it is a free country and you should do what you feel is best. No one here is going to work with you or hire you. You do things you want to and I wish you the best. But stop trying to tell us what we believe and why we believe what we do. No one has even claimed they are using mechanics because that is what we have done for years. Not every idea is a good one and not everyone has to accept your point of view because you spout it to the world. I do not care what they did 30 years ago. I just know that what we are doing right now works.

Peace