View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 10, 2006, 08:38am
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
This is from last season's Simplified & Illustrated:
5-4-1 The coach has already been charged with a technical foul for failure to replace a disqualified player with a substitute available. It would serve no purpose to repeat the penalty or disqualify the coach. In this situation, the referee has support and authority to forfeit the game. Any act which makes a travesty of the game may result in forfeiture. However, a game should not be forfeited for the action of spectators.

Inquisitive Minds want to see actual rules reference, any rule set that states a sub "MUST" be substituted. I have never been faced with this myself but did see a coach bench a player on my sons football team this year for discipline. He put him on the scoresheet as healthy and never played him. we have fair play rules for youth football, all kids are to play an equal amount of time per game or its 25 yard penalty if discovered.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.