Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drinkeii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Yup, and all that extra action that you're now picking up is in your partner(s) area.

How happy is your local rules interpreter that has already told you very clearly and plainly in a meeting that what you are doing is wrong, as per one of your own posts? Aw, that don't matter anyway; he obviously doesn't know what "ball-watching" is.
No, the extra action I am picking up is in mine, when the ball leaves my area.

And I would love to know what you think I said that indicated my local rules interpreter said I was doing was wrong. The only time I mentioned anything like that was when the rules interpreter said "Ignore a call outside your area, rather than get the call right". If that's what you're talking about, then you are fully in support of passing on calls of anything that is outside your area, regardless of if it is the right call or not. You're saying it is the wrong call if it is outside your area, period. And the rules don't support this.

And although assignors give out the games, they don't write the rules. And if they choose who to give games to based on whether or not the person they are giving the games to chooses to follow their personal philosophy, they probably should reconsider what they're doing - they should be assigning games based on skill and fairness, not in support of their personal philosophy.

Last edited by drinkeii; Thu Nov 09, 2006 at 08:48am.