Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 07:51am
Huck Finn

Nevada, thanks for the kind words - you made me blush!

Saying the mechanics should be moved to the rulebook is ridiculous IMO. You guys are talking about supervisors/assigners and such. Jurassic is an assigner and he thinks you are talking about ballwatching. Does that mean anything to you?
Experienced officials know there is a time to help and most of the time you should stay in your primary. Keep the percentages on your side that the right call will be made.
Crew dynamics are very important. If we could stop harping on egos and think about why we have three, or two, officials maybe the game would be officiated better. If three partners are comfortable and know their partners are doing what they are supposed to be doing the crew is a more confident unit. Confidence is very important when it comes to doing a good job on the court.

I think you guys (David and Gimlet) are looking for reasons to venture outside your area. Sure, things happen in games where you need to help, but it is better for the three individuals focus more on getting into the right position so the percentages are higher. I have to go to work.