Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 08, 2006, 10:46pm
Official Forum Member

Once again, everything being argued is what gets pre gamed as shared calls...which hardly fits the subject of this thread...AT&T calls way outside your primary.

In Arizona we still do 2 whistle, so this is an even worse game killer than it would be with 3 officials.

I can tell you from experience, that very, VERY rarely has a partner made a call with me a few feet away where:

1. I didn't see it and it needed to be gotten.

2. That they got it right.

There are times where they saw part of the play and I passed on something that didn't need to be called and they either got that or called a violation on the result of my pass.

Other times they just flat out missed it, and were 100% wrong.

This has nothing to do with ego, it's all about getting it right. If you are ball watching from 30 feet away, you aren't getting a great look and the odds are you'll miss it. If you split focus and pick something up while watching your area, just how good a look did you get? Did you see the play start to finish? Again, chances are you'll get it wrong.

Seeing an elbow to the face is hard to get wrong.

Seeing a shot to the beans is hard to get wrong.

Seeing two handed pushes in the back is hard to get wrong.

Seeing a travel, LGP, movement toward an opponent, a chicken wing, clear out from 30 feet away is EASY to get wrong.