Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 08, 2006, 08:49am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
And finally, are the NBA officials being graded on the no-calls? When someone takes 3 full steps going to the hoop, do they get told they should have called it? I highly doubt it.
David, you have no idea what you talking about. First of all, the NBA has different travelling rules than NCAA/NHFS as well as numerous other rules differences. If (and I repeat if) NBA officials are consistently allowing players to take 3 full steps going to the hoop then it's either b/c that's what the NBA rules allow or the NBA officials have direct guidance from their boss(es) on the enforcement of travelling violations in those particular situations.

Secondly, my youngest son attends school with the son of an NBA referee. He (the NBA official) said the hardest adjustment from NCAA to NBA was the constant scrutiny he is now under. Every call/non-call is graded. He says the pressure to perform is immense.

So please, stick with discussing covereage areas, b/c your statements concerning NBA officiating are not serving you too well.

Last edited by Raymond; Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 02:48pm.