View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drinkeii
Ok - that makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification. Ilike the grouping method of separating them.

I have to say - I like the fact that in soccer, for the last 2-3 years, they changed the uniform policy. If you are inappropriately attired (jewelry, untucked shirt, etc), we would not allow the player to enter the field as a sub. However, if they are discovered on the field (as often happens with girls and earrings), they are asked to leave, and NO SUB is permitted until the next sub opportunity. They play shorthanded for however long it takes for a sub to be allowed. Since subs are only allowed on their own throw-ins, or the other team's throw-ins if they have a sub themselves, this often produces a significant penalty for forgotten earrings, etc. The first time you do this, the team makes sure that they didn't "forget" anything else.

Of course, this isn't soccer. But it was getting old constantly having people sub out with no penalty at all because they couldn't follow the simple rules to remove jewelry before entering the field. Do you think basketball will ever get some kind of penalty like this? I don't see them asking a team to play short, but maybe some other kind of penalty short of a technical?