View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 07:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
That was what our interpreter said Sunday nite at our rules meeting - Navy and another blue color, as long as the color was similar (some form of blue, not red or green) was ok.

He also said we're not supposed to penalize it - basically try to catch it before we have to penalize it, and have the player fix it. The situation says if you get 5 players starting with illegal attire, they would each get a T - even I would hesitate (as picky and by the book as I am) with giving out 5 T's to start a game - I guess I would wonder what I was doing before when I didn't notice these things. Now, if they were ok before the game in warmups, put them on, and came out to do the jump ball..... hmm - maybe.
David, you can't penalize it. Ever! You can penalize "uniform" violations with a technical foul, but headbands and sweatbands are not part of the player "uniform". You tell the player to either take off the illegal headband/sweatband, or leave the floor until they do so.

You must have misunderstood your rules interpreter. I can't believe that any interpreter could get a rule as basic as that one wrong.