View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
He also said we're not supposed to penalize it - basically try to catch it before we have to penalize it, and have the player fix it. The situation says if you get 5 players starting with illegal attireshirts or shorts, they would each get a T - even I would hesitate (as picky and by the book as I am) with giving out 5 T's to start a game - I guess I would wonder what I was doing before when I didn't notice these things. Now, if they were ok before the game in warmups, put them on, and came out to do the jump ball..... hmm - maybe .
(You had some misunderstandings in your post. I struck them and added the red.)

I truly hope that your interpreter stressed to you that there is no penalty for illegal items other than shirts (the team jersey) and shorts (the bottoms of the team uniform). Do NOT issue a T for a player wearing jewelry, illegal sweatbands, headbands, hair clips, undershirts, or undershorts. You simply do not permit this player to participate while wearing the item. The only penalty is that the kid cannot enter the game, if you caught it prior to the entry, or he/she must correct the equipment immediately or leave the game to do so, if you failed to notice it beforehand and the kid became a player.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Tue Nov 07, 2006 at 07:52am.