Thread: eofficials.com
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Not sure I understand what you're asking here...you've been posting elsewhere that as a 'wannabe' you love hearing others post game stories...then you say you're not really so interested in a site that you claim focusses on ball that's above your level.

Good point. My situation at this point is that I'm doing high school ball. Because of my personal situation, I will probably never do anything higher. My schedule and commitments and uncertainties will not allow me to make the commitment necessary to work college, except perhaps as a fill in person for some local JC, perhaps, I suppose. Still, I like to hear about people's experience at the college level, and in that sense, I'm a wannabe.

I'm also well aware that my assignor is constantly nagging people who do both, to NOT use college rules, mechanics, interps in the high school game. In that sense, I do myself a disservice if I study college stuff much and it interferes with my high school games. Furthermore, I need to know the high school rules as seen through high school eyes, not as interpreted to me by high level college people.

So I want to hear about Andy's first college games, and about people's play off games, and D1 experiences. I wish I could work those levels. But I'm sure not going to pay $90 to hear them. And espeically not when that information could actually be detrimental to my own "career".

Also, Andy or Jeff, I tried to sign up for the free area, but there's no place to check an affiliation with NFHS, and they won't allow me to "register" if I don't check NCAA, with which I'm not affiliated. Advice?