Thread: Opening Games?
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 04, 2006, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Just relaxing after my first career women's JUCO game. It went well. I was a bit whistle happy early on, but I settled and we had a great second half. I had one ugly call in the first half, a home post player was guarding another girl down low. She initally had great postion, but as the ball came, she kind of wrapped up the offensive player and restricted her movement. As I'm blowing the whistle, the offensive player makes a good strong move and catches the defender right in the mouth with an elbow. Just one of those ugly, unfortunate plays. Coach chewed on one of my partners, was smart enough to compose himself during the first free throw, and came and talked to me about what I called. He didn't like it, but we came to terms and moved on. Later the same coach tried to tell me a player could not go catch their own airball if it doesn't hit the rim for 2 possessions. I explained the rule, one of my partners I found out later explained it as well, but he was convinced it was a violation. All in all it was a pretty decent first time at that level. My partners seemed OK with my performance. Hopefully I'll get a few more of those games in the future.