View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 05:25pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but that's why I consider Kobe an a$$...and I consider Jordan an a$$ for cheating on his wife and for all the gambling he does/did...they are both very talented a$$es, but still a$$es!!

I think Kobe does himself in with some of the public comments he makes - like most of these moron "superstars" who only want to talk about themselves or how much better they are than the other moron "superstars"...Iverson is the same way...
Interesting comments. I think fans place these guys on a pedestal and expect more than they get. What is the difference between Kobe and someone who is an expert landscaper? One can play basketball well and the other can do landscaping well. Why should I expect the one who plays basketball to say something profound when a microphone is shoved in their face? When did the ability to shoot a basketball include the ability to have moral standards? That is what the rest of us, well some of us, would like to think, but it isn't the case.
I remember when Kevin Garnett was drafted. He could barely put a sentence together. That did not hinder him from playing the game though.
Kobe is no more an a$$ than the mailman who is getting some on the side. Our society just looks in the wrong place for values. Parents and teachers should be more responsible. I firmly believe that all teachers' salary should get doubled at least. That way, bad teachers would be forced out and good teachers would want to teach. Our society would benefit from it! My opinion and my two cents.