View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
I am for moving the pitching plate back to the 43' mark, as we have already discussed in another thread. I am against any mandating of safety equipment by either the governing body of the game, or by the government itself. If parents, players, and coaches have concerns, then they certainly should be able to figure out what they need to in the area of safety equipment without it being forced upon them. I could also see approving the reduction in the COR of the ball, as Steve proposed.
SP changed to a .44 COR, but it was stated that the compression has more bearing on the ball's exit speed. It was proposed for FP also, but I cannot remember why that wasn't changed.

With all the headaches we have been through with the bats, helmets and facemasks, haven't you people caught on yet? The moment something is mandated, everyone will cheer UNTIL they realize it will take more than a year to develop a base line for safety, determine the standard, have NOCSAE approve it, run it through their probationary period prior to final approval and then ALL the equipment previously used on a voluntary basis is no longer legal equipment.

Even though something like this is with good intentions, it is fraught with issues, softball, personal and legal.