View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve
My thoughts are that 1) we will have to wait on the SS to vacate, and that may get us there late, 2) if we react early, we may end up tangled with the SS, and 3) getting inside will require us to wait for the throw to pass, otherwise we are in the line of the throw; that leaves a very short time to take the last few steps to the necessary secondary angle if they do a hook slide to the outfield side, get set, see the play, make the call.

Sorry, I just see too many weaknesses.
1) Why do you need to wait on the SS vacating? Move to the SS's right. Remember, this is with a runner on 1st only in a 3-umpire system.

2) See #1

3) You are not that fast and I'm not suggesting the umpire run to the middle of the field.

I think this would be much better with demonstation. Are you going to be in CO next week? If so, I'll go over it there.

Also, you are not addressing the plus side on a batted ball. You know, not everything is based on the steal in FP.