View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 08:44am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Yeah yeah, I know, you always call everything correctly. But that aint the question. I suppose you can't bring yourself to answer it. Well, according to the rules, yes, it's still a violation even though someone (not you of course) doesn't blow the whistle. The only thing the whistle does is allow the penalty to be enforced. The violation still occurs. And you know what we call it if we ignore a chance to fix it and apply the penalty but we don't? We call that a huge **** up.

Well that's good for you, most of us would just love to figure out a way to get fed 2.10 and ncaa 2.11 out of our lives.

As for going back into time....if you blow the whistle in my shot clock sitch you have done exactly that.

Of course you're bright enough to not directly answer my question on that play...that's OK. I think we both know the answer.
Dan I apologize for not answering your question. What was your question again? I think I put enough smiley faces in my response to you to indicate I was half joking about it and there is no way I will ever say I don't make mistakes. If I know there is a shot clock violation I blow the whistle. I don't know what you want me to say to answer your question. If there is a shot clock violation and we play on - for some reason - the coach's timeout does not make this huge difference that many are making it out to be. This whole conversation opens the door for a coach to call a timeout and question every judgement call.