View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
I don't think I muddied ( muddied) up the waters, I think you did. Anyway, if there is an obvious shot clock violation I blow my whistle and the bucket doesn't count.
Yeah yeah, I know, you always call everything correctly. But that aint the question. I suppose you can't bring yourself to answer it.
Quote:
That is part of officiating with a shot clock. Again, if nobody calls the violation, is it really a violation? If a tree falls...
Well, according to the rules, yes, it's still a violation even though someone (not you of course) doesn't blow the whistle. The only thing the whistle does is allow the penalty to be enforced. The violation still occurs. And you know what we call it if we ignore a chance to fix it and apply the penalty but we don't? We call that a huge **** up.
Quote:
In the original situation, I live with it. I think several people have said this before. If you show me a rule that clearly says I can go back into time and change a mistake...well, I won't use it anyway!
Well that's good for you, most of us would just love to figure out a way to get fed 2.10 and ncaa 2.11 out of our lives.

As for going back into time....if you blow the whistle in my shot clock sitch you have done exactly that.

Of course you're bright enough to not directly answer my question on that play...that's OK. I think we both know the answer.