View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
M&M,

I learned long time ago that some things you cannot correct. If your partner does not have the ability to make decisions on their own, I am not going to come in and debate a call. We are going to make mistakes and sometimes mistakes will be big. I cannot give a rules clinic every game to partners that see the entire play. If there is a problem, that is something the assignor or state will have to deal with. All I could do in this case is tell the coach that I did not see it and move on.

Peace
So, let me get this straight. During the TO, you get with your partner, they tell you their reason for calling the basket a 3 instead of 2, and your response will be, :shrug: "Some things I cannot correct."? I would have a very upset coach ripping me a new one for not correcting my partner's ruling, and my assignor would rip me a second one for the same thing. You're not arguing seeing the foot on the line or not (judgement), you're arguing whether the foot being on the line is still considered a 3-point attempt (rule interpretation). That's a correctable error, by rule. And if "All I could do in this case is tell the coach that I did not see it and move on", I would be moving on to a different league pretty quickly.

(Used with permission.)