View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 03:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Ok, let me try this one:
Partner signals a good 3-point attempt. The other coach calls TO and asks you to confer whether it was a 3 or a 2. You didn't see it, but your partner tells you, "Oh, yea, the shooter's feet were on the line, but that's still a good 3-pointer. The feet have to be completely inside the arc to be a 2-pointer." So, you didn't see the play, your partner did, and in their judgement it's a 3-point basket. What do you do? Would it make a difference if it was with .05 seconds left in the game, and the it makes a difference between a 1 point game or a tie? (Well, besides shooting your partner right there on the spot?)
M&M,

I learned long time ago that some things you cannot correct. If your partner does not have the ability to make decisions on their own, I am not going to come in and debate a call. We are going to make mistakes and sometimes mistakes will be big. I cannot give a rules clinic every game to partners that see the entire play. If there is a problem, that is something the assignor or state will have to deal with. All I could do in this case is tell the coach that I did not see it and move on.

Peace