View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 03:42pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
No?

The shot clock horn sounds as A1's shot is in the air. The ball clearly does not hit the rim. The shot clock resets to 35. A2 gets control of the ball and puts in a layup for 2 points. No one blows the whistle.

You are T. You saw the ball miss the rim. What do you do next?
1. If this is a quick rebound/shot and the shot clock would NOT have expired, we play on.
2. If this is a quick rebound/shot and the shot clock would have expired, I put air in the whistle and give B the ball.
3. If this is a rebound with time before the shot, we stop play and put the correct time back on the shot clock.

It is a tough sell to stop play if the team is about to score and you know the shot clock wouldn't have expired before the shot.

Asking me, and many of the people who have responded, is close to useless. I would like to think that my reflex would be to put air in the whistle when I know the ball has hit the wire. If I'm not sure I shouldn't be blowing the whistle.