View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to FootballRef05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref
Believe it or not, SOME coaches know the rules or at least some specific rules. I have seen some of the situations and the coaches were right and the official was wrong. They have legitimate questions sometimes and we must respond to those questions. I am not quite willing to believe that ALL of our officials know ALL of the rules and apply them correctly ALL of the time. If they did, they wouldn't be signing on to this forum.

As for me, I haven't quite got the entire rule book memorized so I AM willing to improve my rules knowledge every year. For those of you who have it memorized, congratulations!
I never said I know all of the rules nor have I said not a single coach knows any of the rules. The majority don't know enough to be rating my preformance on the field; that I know for sure. As far as officials go, with 4 or 5 men out there we get it correct 99.9999% of the time. Sure, there is the time when something is admisistered wrong or interperted incorrectly, none of us on the field are perfect.

I don't think your assessment of officials signing on to this forum has any bearing on ones rules knowledge. Most come here to IMPROVE their rules knowledge and share their on field experiences with other officials. Comments like that only bolster my optnion that coaches know little of what we do and the time we put in to become officials and master our profession.

Last edited by FootballRef05; Tue Oct 31, 2006 at 11:58am.