View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 04:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Just to jump in on Chuck's side...if we are going to cancel the FT's, where are we going to inbound the ball following the correction? Are we going to say there is no way we should be on B's side of the court and just resume play following the correction (B to inbound as after any other FT). Remember had there been no error the ball would be on A's side of the court, but the rule says go back to the POI.

Further what if the error had been recognized right after B's FT's. By rule, after correcting the error we would rturn to the POI, therefore A1 would shoot his FT's, we cancel B3's FTs, and then walk back down to B's side of the court and hand A the ball.

I'm sure there will be a strong argument for resuming following A1's FT's but lets go back to the OP and change it ever so slightly and say that after A1 inbounded B1 tips it OB. Now I think its even harder to go against the rule and resume following A1's FT's.