Thread: Team Tech?
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 30, 2006, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Ron, check out the verbiage in the ruling of case book play that I cited above...."In a situation where similar multiple infractions occur at the same time, it is not the intent of the rules to penalize each individual infraction as a separate technical foul. One technical foul is charged to team A and it is also charged indirectly to the head coach...".

Team fouls are counted towards the bonus too.
Chuck and JR,

i understand that same casebook play and its intent for a minor type offense. Even in that ruling the wording isvery specific in the wording "in this situation" Which means to me that you might not apply that casebook play to other multiple infraction type situations like 3 people leaving the bench during a fight. Or, 6 bench personnel calling you a MFer. And you wouldn't apply necessarily that ruling to multiple dunks before the game starts. So, somebody has to decide the seriousness of the infractions and address them with their own specific casebook play i.e. "in this situation". Right?

My only question is who made the jersey removal similar to bench personnal standing during a f. throw? Fed? IAABO? Guys like us?