Thread: Best Raingear
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 30, 2006, 01:49am
Official Forum Member

Its all about the feet folks. Its all about the feet. Sure, get the best shirts and knickers you can to keep you dry, but its all about keeping your feet warm and dry.

Here's what I do. It sounds uncomfortable, but really you get used to it and it works. Note that in cold or rainy weather I wear long johns or long compression tights under the knickers. This solution may require full leggings of some sort under the knickers.

First put on regular socks. Crew length, whatever is comfortable for you. Then take two Glad Mid-size garbage bags and slip your feet into those. Get your feet in the bags so the feel comfortable. Try to avoid having your toes in any of the "points" of the bag. It may take a few tries to feel comfortable.

Then, you don't have to wrap, or tie or tape the bag to your leg. Just start putting your long ref socks on and the bag will slowly disappear. Your cuffed kinckers over the socks will cover anything sticking out, but you'll figure out how to avoid even that.

Really, this keeps your feet absolutely dry and comfortable which to me is the most important thing on a cold, rainy field.