View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 29, 2006, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl H. Long
Thanks to nitpickers:

1. A player was tackled 12 FEET into endzone not 12 yds.
2. My correction to the crew was that it was a Live ball unsporting foul not a dead ball foul. I was nitpicking a little because over ten games they continue to use incorrect terminology which grates on me. They got the administration part correct becaue all unsporting fouls are administered from the succeeding spot. Sadly, live ball unsporting fouls by the scoring team do not negate the score like other fouls would, but until the rule is changed to apply a distinction between live and dead ball fouls a team can continue to benefit from taunts DURING a down in which they score.
Daryl, I would have, as mentioned above somewhere, used the BJ flag for two fouls (late hit PF and, if you can't talk him out of it, the USC). This way, you wouldn't have to throw your flag really late but still get your foul flagged. I think you have an obligation to flag late hits, regardless of where you are on the field. I was a BJ for a few years and I always cleaned up plays and sometimes had the late hit flag from quite a few yards away. Sometimes the guys closest to the play miss the stuff that happens after the play because it is out of their field of vision.

BTW - Daryl was a great runner on my junior high track team many years ago. I won't say how many.