View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
TE, WR, whatever - he's still a kid at the end of a 70 yard run. Not completely out of the question that he was merely slowing. I would have to see some other evidence of taunting than merely slowing and then realizing you might get caught and speeding back up. Kind of a flimsy taunt, don't you think?
I guess it's a "you had to be there type of thing." I'm just trying to run the image through my mind. If you have a guy slow down/jog and run toward the middle of the field/maybe even come close to stopping/looking back at the defender only to burst full speed into the end zone when he gets close, I probably have a USC.

If the kid is winded and clearly just losing steam - I got nothing. The reason I think the kid did more than just slow down because he was tired is because he a)cut across the middle of the field as he slowed down, and b) had enough energy to burst through the endzone when the defender got close. Obviously, it's a judgement call that we can't make from a typed 2nd-hand description.