View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Henry
Last minute of a lopsided grade school game. In a rebound situation A1 and B1 go up for the ball. A1’s arm comes down hard on the head B1 and knocks B1 to the floor. Although it was not intentional in my judgment, I see a shot to the head as a flagrant foul. I call a flagrant foul on the A1 player, and he is out of the game.

I made the signal with “crossed arms”, which I assume was the wrong signal. Should I have given the “T” signal? Any way, I immediately went to the table, informed the score keeper and told the coach the player is out. The coach said it was an accident and not intentional. My answer was “any shot to the head and knocking a player down; I am going to call as a flagrant.” Of course the coaches did not like the call.

Your thoughts?
Was it "of violent and savage nature?" Doesn't sound like it to me, but you were there.

Was it "excessive contact?" More likely.

As I picture what you describe, I would have either an intentional or common personal foul.

And, to answer your other questions -- there's no specific FED signal for a flagrant foul.