View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 03:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Henry
In a rebound situation A1 and B1 go up for the ball. A1’s arm comes down hard on the head B1 and knocks B1 to the floor. Although it was not intentional in my judgment, I see a shot to the head as a flagrant foul. I call a flagrant foul on the A1 player, and he is out of the game.

I made the signal with “crossed arms”, which I assume was the wrong signal. Should I have given the “T” signal? Any way, I immediately went to the table, informed the score keeper and told the coach the player is out. The coach said it was an accident and not intentional. My answer was “any shot to the head and knocking a player down; I am going to call as a flagrant.” Of course the coaches did not like the call.

Your thoughts?
As Smitty said, it has to be a personal foul of some kind. It can't be a "T". Whether it was a regular, intentional or flagrant personal foul is strictly up to the judgment of the calling official.

Without seeing it, I ain't about to second-guess you. And if you're not second-guessing yourself, then there's nothing to worry about.