View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl H. Long
Biting my tongue I then said that the flag should be on the 5 YL to which both the R and BJ said that unsportmanlike fouls were dead ball fouls and TD stands. I corrected them and said the foul as reported by the BJ happened during a LIVE ball and that only the administration was as IF it were a dead ball foul.
It is my understanding that they were correct, at least on this part. PF's at the 5 would be administered from the 5. But USC is treated as a DBF and administered as if it were a DBF (not sure what distinction you were trying to make by saying "only the administration was as if it were a DBF". This is a correct statement, and tells you that this foul is treated as a DBF, like they did.

As to your other situations, since nothing had been signaled, I surely would have told BJ that he missed a late PF that the rest of the stadium (including you) saw - and let him act as if his flag was for both. If he didn't like that, then sure, you could drop your flag too, but I think it looks better for him to have inadvertently only thrown 1 flag for the 2 fouls (as far as everyone else's perception goes) than for you to have to drop the flag.

But in any case, I would make sure that PF got penalized, regardless of how bad it might have looked administration wise.