Thread: First Ejection
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Angry First Ejection

NSA Men'sModified

1 Out
R1 on first
B3 grounds to F6 who tosses to F4 for force; R1 does nothing to aviod collision and runs into F4; I call INT and ring up BR as well since it was an attempt to prevent a DP. As the sides changed the players from the penalized team were barking and shouting and as they were taking the field and began to converge toward where I was near 1B. The player coach was closest to me and was getting louder by the second. I explained the rule about avoiding the collision and he insisted that it was not there. Finally I put up my hands and said, "That's enough, let's play ball." I turned to walk to "A" position My partner who had walked out to where we were also said, "Let's play ball" and began to return to the plate. The player coach who had been so loud already yelled something to the effect, "It's not enough and I'm not ready to play ball." In my judgment it was an act of defiance and disrespect and I promptly showed him the gate. He did not want to leave and only did under threat of forfeit. He actually got in my face with the bill of his cap touching my cap after he was ejected.

What did I learn?
#1 Tell the team that you will only deal with one person and take that one person aside.

#2 Try not to let players play to the crowd in those situations.

I know it is HTBT but if you have any thoughts to help, I would appreciate them.

Softball in the Bible
"In the big-inning"