View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Good question! I actually asked the same question a while ago and got similiar responses from the folks here ("Don't Do Them").

I guess I can update everyone a bit as well. While I have generally avoided doing adult rec games the past year, I've actually been called to do a few recently.

I decided to do them because some of the guys calling were really good to me during last year's high school season so I figured I do some games for them to help out.

I also took a small internal assessment of myself and realized my attitude (due to the earlier experiences) toward the adult leagues was not the best. If you come in expecting crap to happen...well crap might actually happen.

So I adjusted my attitude slightly. I was determined to officiate the best that I could. If the guys happened to whine, then I would have to deal with it appropriately and not take things too personally and become "T" happy.

So when I did the adult league last week, while there were still some whiners, things went relatively smoothly. I have a couple of adult league games tonight as well so let's see how things go.

I know my limits and if I do ref adult leagues, I don't book myself up too much and spread the games out. I think that will help me mentally deal with the crap that will inevitably come up. Perhaps something to keep in mind for anyone who is still doing adult leagues.