View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Big Dawn, similar story happened to me but with softball about 7 years ago. When I was dabbling with what sport to officiate, which eventually brought me to basketball? I must say that we as adults when it comes to competition are the biggest babies ever. A good double play ball, second baseman bobbled the ball and threw to first, second was safe, first was out. Well it was like it was the end of the world. The guy came after me. Ready to throw fists. I was lucky enough to have had many years of self defense and he knew by my readiness. After the game he thought he would try again and proceeded to chase me with a bat. That was a scary moment, I think he caught his senses and stopped. Needless to say I said never again to do softball. Typically slow pitch softball you are a one man show and a man on his island alone. No partners to look for or to watch your back. Even when I do High school ball, it's never the kids but the parents, who think their kid is the next MJ or Sue Bird.. Not....