View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 25, 2006, 03:36am
Official Forum Member

Actually, I like the Yoda link so much that I started playing around with it and it occurred to me to put in a few of the questions from last year's NFHS Part 1 exam and see what they would be like in Yoda-speak, since they don't seem to make much sense in English anyway.

English:
The net shall be constructed so it will momentarily check the ball as it passes through.
Yoda-speak:
The net shall be constructed so, momentarily check the ball as it passes through, will it.

English:
When play is resumed by a throw-in after a double foul occurs, it takes place at the spot closest to the fouls.
Yoda-speak:
When resumed by a throw-in after a double foul occurs, play is, to the fouls it takes place at the spot closest.

English:
The ball does not become dead until the try or tap ends, or until the airborne shooter returns to the floor when the defense commits an excessively swinging elbow violation.
Yoda-speak:
The ball becomes dead until the try or tap ends not, or to the floor until the airborne shooter returns when the defense commits an excessively swinging elbow violation.