Thread: Opinions Sought
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 23, 2006, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SperlingPE
I have been officiating HS basketball for 16+ years. I have worked all classes, boys and girls, conference tournaments, and I am regularly assigned games during the district tournaments. I have also been to the state tournament as an alternate. I have worked with officials who have more experience than I at the HS level. The majority of these mroe experienced officials also work some form of college basketball (NAIA, D1, D2, D3, junior college, etc.) These officials are telling me to make the jump to college ball. One of their reasons is that it will improve my game at the HS level. What is the opinion of the officials here who still work both levels?
I am currently a HS Official and I am trying to make that jump too. I have been to D1 camps the last several years and hopefully will go to Nike on next year. I am currenly doing some college scrimmages and trust me, it does help you in HS. I gave me a big boost in confidence as well as a better understand. You will see a major difference if you start moving towards the college level. Just beware that when you start moving in that direction, you will leave others behind and it may cause some to assume that you think you are better then those who choose not to move. Good luck and stay humble.