View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 22, 2006, 07:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
New NCAA TO Rule

Did my first scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Couple of Jucos. Went very smoothly and was actually a nice way to ease back into things. And even got my first experience with the new TO rule. Classic case, kid jumps toward the endline, catches the ball, looks right at me and yells "Time out!"

Surprisingly, I didn't blow the whistle!! I let the kid land OOB, then tweeted and "Out of bounds! Green!" The poor kid just looked at me like, "How could you not hear me say 'time out' "?

I immediately told him it was a new rule and then went to the coach and told him it was the new rule. He laughed and made a joke about not getting the memo or something.

Everybody's making a big deal about what happens if you forget and accidentally blow the whistle to grant the TO. But it honestly wasn't difficult at all to hold off. I don't think it's going to be a problem. Anybody else have it come up yet?

Had another scrimmage today and had a kick with less than 15 on the shot clock. I get that maybe once or twice a year total. Maybe that was my one time for this year.