Thread: On the wane....
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 21, 2006, 10:25pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack
Used to. I started with basketball (hence the username), but gave it up because I realized I would have liked it better without the players, coaches and parents. Which didn't leave much. Too lazy to start all over with a different username.

As for burnout, yeah, but it's not just football burnout. I tend to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle, so I'm just burned out in general and need to find a way to simplify my life.

As for rewiring to not let these things bother me, yes, I'm sure that can be done with experience. I'm not there yet. I still take these things personally because, while I think my biggest improvement in year three has been presence and feeling like I belong out there, I am not yet confident enough in my judgment to feel like I have the courage of conviction behind my calls. I'm hopeful I'll get there sooner rather than later, because I'm still not 100% confident of my rules knowledge or judgment on applying it on things like holding and pass interference and I'm still not where I want to be on sideline demeanor.

But thanks for the other compliments.

You quit hoops after 44 games? And now you feel this way after 47 football games?

Are you sure you're cut out for officiating?