Thread: On the wane....
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 21, 2006, 02:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
I'm actually more concerned about you thinking 26 games is a long season. I had that many less than halfway through our season, which we have 3 weeks left on the regular portion of it.

Why is that a reason to be concerned? OAB works basketball as well. I work baseball and basketball. I worked about 100 baseball games this past season and have about 40 varsity basketball games scheduled starting the week of Thanksgiving.

Not all of us think working football 5-6 days a week is a great gig. I worked a grand total of 2 Saturdays this season -- one varsity reserve game and one afternoon varsity game. I'd rather sit at home and watch college football on TV.

I've worked 11 varsity games (around here they play 99% of the games on Fridays so you can't get 2-3 varsity games in each week) and 12 Thursday subvarsity games. That's 25 games so far, less than OAB. I'm a varsity WH and worked each position (except back judge) at least once this season.

BTW, I could work all the youth ball I want, but that violates 2 of my personal rules: I won't work in less than a 4-man crew anymore. And I won't work youth ball unless they stick cash in my hand before the first game starts. And the local league stopped doing that this season.

Last edited by Rich; Sat Oct 21, 2006 at 02:19pm.