View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 19, 2006, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

One of the problems was already stated - posters do not look up any information and we end up repeating ourselves over and over. This is one of the few forums where the search actually works.

Another problem has been the three or four trolls that have been posting here. You also have to admit that when a newbie comes in and in less than a week starts telling us how he works at the adult level, well you have to wonder.

Take yourself for instance. Your tally shows 15 posts yet you are telling us our faults. Some of us have double and triple what you see in the tally. Because the site has been re-done several times and each time the tally resets to zero.

Your points are valid ones and I too am an offender. I pull no punches, I tell you exactly how I feel and some people cannot stand that. Too bad for them!

Anyway, as one who has been around here since the days of the billboard, let me say that we (the veterans) are still here despite trolls, despite know-it-all's, despite jerks wearing "newbie" cloaks and despite ourselves! We'll keep posting and you keep reading. Jump in when you are ready but be fore-warned, if you deserve to get hammered, you will. If you survive and learn from it, you will be a better umpire for it.